Mix the tastes of the tropics with Fall in the Midwest. Try this Apple-Mango Oatmeal Bake on for size. Prepare it the night before and then bake it in the morning for those on a tight schedule. A great balanced breakfast. You can’t beat if for after school snacks as well. We like it cold from the refrigerator or warmed up in the microwave. Quick energy is always appreciated.
Prep Time: 20 minutes /Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 snack-sized packages of Java Bite dried mangoes
- Puree 2 1/2c. of peeled and sliced apples (or use 1c. apple sauce)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk in a blender.
- 1 1/2t. Cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2c. brown sugar
- 3 c. Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- For the topping – 1/4c. Brown sugar & 1-2t. cinnamon
- Cut 2 packages of Java Bite dried mangoes into small bits.
- Pour boiling water over the mangoes and let soak for 5 minutes. Drain off water and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Put the Apple puree/sauce, the eggs, and the milk in a blender. After blending, put this mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, oatmeal, and mangoes.
- Spread out mixture in a greased 9 X 13 in. pan. Sprinkle brown sugar/cinnamon on top. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
Created by: Joy Thye, Java Bite cheerleader