Are you looking for a moist, homemade Coffee Cake without all the additives? This is your ticket! The yogurt adds moisture and heaviness that makes baked goods amazing. The Java Bite dried mangoes add the unique tropical yumminess that will make your kids ask for more. There are two recipes here. *For the lighter one, without butter, see the bottom recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes /Total time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 2 c. white flour
- 4 – 5 snack size packages of Java Bite dried mangoes**
- 1/4 c. brown sugar + 1 t. cinnamon mixed for the topping
- Pour boiling water over the mangos from 4-5 packages of Java Bite dried mangoes. Let soak for 5 minutes, while you work on #2. Drain off water. Pat dry with a paper towel. With a kitchen scissors cut mangoes into bits. **OR do this process the night before you want to make the Coffee Cake, and store the cut up mangoes in the refrigerator to help your morning go a bit quicker!
- Blend ingredients together, in order, with an electric mixer. Stir the mango bits into the batter.
- Spread batter in a 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with a cinnamon – brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After cooling, store in an airtight container. The cake freezes well. Makes 12 generous servings.
**Mango-Yogurt Coffee Cake (without butter makes a tasty but lighter bar)
Follow the exact same recipe as above and prepare it the same way, except without the 1/2c. Butter.
Created by: Joy Thye, Java Bite cheerleader