Sweet and tart, fruity and chocolatey, these dried mango chocolate delights are ridiculously addicting! Give them out as presents or serve as a pretty and yummy dessert. Either way, your kids and your guests will come back asking for more!
- 18 oz (500 grams) dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 14 oz (400 grams) Java Bite dried mangoes, cut into bits. I prefer the Sunburst mangoes for this one, but either will work. Sunburst gives it an amazing tangy/sweet combination.
- crushed Pistachios – totally optional, but totally amazing if you add them!
- Prep a 24-cup mini cupcake pan by lining with mini candy cups (see notes below).
- Prepare the chocolate by cutting into chunks and microwaving. Start with one minute, then stir. Follow that with 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and mixed. Alternatively, you can use or create a double boiler by filling a sauce pan with water and placing the chocolate into a smaller sauce pan that sits inside the bottom sauce pan. Heat the bottom sauce pan, slowly melting the chocolate in the top sauce pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mangoes and the melted chocolate until the mangoes are coated evenly.
- Scoop about a heaping tablespoon into each candy cup. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
- Allow to set on the counter or in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- This recipe usually yields 30 – 35 Delights, depending on how much you put in each cup.
- Use “candy” cups, which are waxed, and not normal cupcake cups, as the chocolate will stick to that paper. You can also use a baking pan lined with parchment paper, but they will spread out a bit with this method.
- These will keep for about a week in an airtight container. No need to refrigerate.