Midwest grain meets tropical fruit . . .
Great tasting, healthy, and exotic! Easy to make – no baking needed! You and your kids will love these at room temperature or cold. Pop them in your mouth for a quick breakfast, snack, dessert or after sports. They even work well as a healthy option at a potluck. We can’t tell you their shelf-life because we have never had them last long enough!
Prep time: 15 minutes / Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter (use soy butter for a vegetarian diet)
- 4 cups Oatmeal (I use Rolled/Old-Fashioned Oats)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Java Bite dried mango (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 c. dried milk powder
- 1/2c. Dried coconut flakes (for rolling finished balls in)
- Melt together the honey and butter on low heat.
- Remove from heat. Add the oatmeal, sunflower seeds and Java Bite dried mango.
- Add sufficient milk powder to bind the mixture.
- Wet your hands and squeeze into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in the dry coconut flakes.
Makes 32 – 45 balls, depending on size.